Tips & Tricks
Search engine optimization is the most important internet marketing strategy which enables your website to earn a good page ranking on some of the famous search engines like Google and Yahoo. We all know that there are millions of websites thriving to get the top position on the search engines. Therefore, you should be well aware about all the details about search engine optimization strategies to be able to beat the competition.
It is very important to get a huge amount of traffic on the website to earn enough profits. However, very few people are able to do so due to lack of knowledge about search engine optimization concept. Many people do know about the basic concepts of SEO but, fail to use them effectively. Hence, let us discuss about some internet marketing strategies in detail. One of the most important factors of SEO is the effective use of keywords in the content. You need to use the keywords which are generally used by the users while they search for information on the search engines. You can use keyword tools like Google keyword tool or Word tracker to get an idea about the keywords which are highly popular amongst the users. The second step is to provide relevant and quality content on the website. The content should be factual and informative in order to solve the queries of the users. Make your website user friendly so that it becomes easy for the search engines to index your website. The next step is link building. Link building enables you to exchange links with other websites. This will definitely help your website with higher ranking. Include the keywords as text links in your content. This is another important search engine optimization strategy.
The website owners commit some mistakes which drop their ranking on the search engines drastically. Black Hat SEO and link spamming are some of the reasons for website rejection on the search engines. You cannot build a ranking overnight as it requires consistent effort and dedication. You have to apply the SEO strategies to make your website successful. Submit your website to popular search engines and directories. You also need to exchange links with high ranking websites and participate in relevant forums and blogs. These are some of the important search engine optimization strategies a webmaster should apply to make his website a success. However, one needs to have patience and has to put in regular and consistent efforts to make his website rank.
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is the process of increasing the presence of a website and a lot of business are turning to SEO companies to help them generate traffic on their websites. SEO companies use the system of search engines to control your company’s rankings. Search engines have a software that “crawls” through the internet and figures out which web sites are very popular and these rise in rank. SEO companies have mastered the perfect system to help your website rise to the top of searches on sites like Google, Yahoo! and Bing. This is extremely profitable because you will have more customers visiting your websites.
The important thing to remember in all of this is the key word that you choose. The search engine result all depend on what the people type into the search box. The desired effect is that your website will be on the first page of these search engines for that specific keyword. It is extremely important to choose the right keyword for your site. All of this depends on what your customers need and what they feel your business offers them.
Choosing a keyword can be very difficult because you do not want to be competing with other sites that optimize for the same keyword and have more online presence than your site. Some companies have been working with SEO companies for years and so they have more marketing backing them up. The domain age of a website also matters a lot and a website which is over ten years is really hard to compete with. This means that a new website will never be able to compete with the popularity of a site which has been around for a long time. In order to choose the right keyword you will need to do a good amount of keyword research by using good SEO software. Keyword Blueprint and Market Samurai are very effective software’s for keyword research and analysis. However, you need a trained SEO specialist to decide which Keyword will rank best in the search engines. Also, when you do pick a key word, you need to think about what the common consumer would type into the search engine and use that. It can be very hard to manage all of this and understand which keyword to use.
There are many different software that will help you ascertain whether you have chosen the right keyword or not. These applications will also show you which websites are using which specific keywords for their marketing. This way you can avoid any tough competition.
The On-page checklist helps in increasing the traffic to your website. Essentially there are two major components of SEO, the first being off-page and the second being On-page. Off page SEO deals with optimization which involves link building on websites other than your own. This is basically building the number of back links to your website in order to increase your online presence. This is an essential part of traffic generation to your website. On-page is related with the outlook of the website. It involves optimization of different components on your website to make it search engine friendly or Google friendly. If the On-page or the Off-page suffers then there be a problem in building traffic.
The On-page checklist can involve the following:
- A title tag is an appropriate title that is required on the webpage; it should be a good one liner that describes the webpage in a glance. The titles should not be more than sixty characters long as sometimes the search engine and other browsers might cut of the text. It is better to have a unique title as some times the internet browser, the search engine and other browsers do not like titles that have been repeated to often. The titles should not be too complicated to understand as it will decrease traffic.
- Meta Descriptions are meant to be a unique summary of each page which is the main page of the website as well as the inner pages. Adding your main keywords in the Meta description will make a big difference. The tag should be simple and easy to understand by the visitors to your website. The description should not be more than 150 characters long.
- Header Tags are like headlines; they are always in block letters and are made to stand out. The bold letters help the search engines in understanding that this is important information. It is essential to put in the keyword as it will invite more traffic.
- Image Optimization: A search engine such as Google cannot see images. They are optimized for fast loading and are in different formats like (PNG) and (JPEG). If you want the search engine to recognize your image then it could be labeled through ‘alt tags’.
- Sitemap: this is a table of pages on a website which is accessible to crawlers or users. It could be either in document form or then any form that is used to design websites.
On-page requires other aspects such as Robots.txt, 301 Redirect, Google Webmaster and Google Analytics. These steps mentioned above are very essential for a good On-page, if these components are in order there will be good traffic towards the website.
Search Engine Optimization really does not involve a lot of money if you are willing to spend a little time everyday on your website. Getting your website indexed by a major search engine such as Google is something which can be done at a minimal cost if you follow the points mentioned below:
- Focus on high quality On-page SEO. On page SEO is work done on your website and the inner pages of your websites. The content on your pages must be original since Google and other search engines do not give duplicate content much importance. By adding new content on your website regularly, Search engines will index your website, and your website rankings will also increase on these Search Engines. Make sure all the images on your website are optimized by
using ALT texts in your images so Google can pick them up when it crawls your websites. Choose a good Header Tag which describes your site at a glance. The description must be short and to the point and the more relevant it is to the information provided on your website, the more search engine friendly it will be.
- Join Forums or online groups which relate to your niche. With adding your primary keyword which is linked to your websites in your signature, you automatically create a number of links to your websites by posting on these forums. Joining a forum which has a high page rank can increase your page rank by just adding your websites link.
- Article marketing today is really gaining value in Search Engine Optimization. By submitting articles with your website URL to hundreds of article directories you can really increase the number of high quality back links to your websites. Another very good strategy you could use if you don’t have the time to submit to these directories is by posting articles on your website and encouraging other webmasters to publish those articles provided they add your author resource box and the keyword linking to your website.
- Off-page SEO is another vital part of SEO. A good link building strategy is a must if you really want your page rank to increase on major search engines. Using Black Hat techniques is something which will only get your websites page rank up for a small amount of time and Google may even ban your domain. By building the number of back links to your website with following a legit SEO strategy, you increase your online presence and Google as well as other search engines recognize this. As your back links grow, your websites Page rank will automatically increase. You can increase the number of back links to your website with posting your links on places such as Forums, Blogs, Social bookmarking sites and web 2.0 portals.
- Lastly, you have to consistently build links and be patient since your website will not rank in just one day. A bit of SEO each day will help increase your page rank over a period of time.
If you follow these five simple steps you will surely have a high volume of traffic coming to your website. Do not outsource your SEO tasks unless you really are sure that the company you are outsourcing to will do a good job.
The services of a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) company do not come cheap and so here are a few tips on free Offsite SEO optimization.
Here are a few DIY methods for Offsite Optimization.
- Articles are very powerful offsite SEO tool. Articles allow you to target the keywords from your website. These keywords are picked up by search engines and are used to categorize your site. They are also what people enter into search engines when looking for something. Articles allow targeting keywords from your site. Use all the keywords that related to your site. The word count is very important when writing an article. Too long and people will shy away for it. Research has shown that the optimal word count for an article is 250 to 400 words. The article needs to be informative, precise and to the point. Avoid plagiarizing other people’s work or will be banned. Articles can be published on Article Publishing sites. Article sites also allow you to place links to your site in the article. If employed properly articles are free, lifelong SEO tools.
- A blog is also a great way to generate traffic to your site. A blog on your site creates pages on your and attracts traffic. Each page on your site has the potential of gaining you more visitors to your site. Blogs on a site will also give credence to your site with search engines. You can publish material for your site on the blog and link it to other articles of yours. An external blog also works the same way and gives you the chance to place more links to your site. Commenting on posts in other blogs also gives you the opportunity to place a link to your site or blog. Leave a comment and add a signature after the post.
- As you may have guessed by now linking is very important. The more the links to your site or the more your site is mentioned the better your PageRank will be. Reciprocal linking means exchanging links with sites that have complementary content. Once you locate a site that has content similar to your own, you need to contact the ‘webmaster’ with an offer to exchange links. Write a personalized email to the webmaster of the site describing your site. Mention the content on your site and how it would complement a certain page or the entire site. Inform the webmaster where he can find the link you would like to exchange and the keyword or key phrase. ‘One Way Links’ are the best kind, but are very hard to get. A one way link will get you noticed by search engines immediately. Articles are an example of one way linking.
SEO is a lengthy and time consuming process. Allocate time to each method of SEO each week. Your results will improve as your links accumulate.